How do I download Ebsco Ebooks to read offline?
EBSCO provides access to ebooks by Trine students, faculty, and staff. These instructions are for all e-readers and computers except the Kindle; Kindle Fire instructions are here.
1. Access Ebsco Ebooks with this link:
2. If you are off of Trine's campus, you will first need to sign in with your network ID. This is the same username and password you use to login to MyPortal.
3. You can now search for and browse ebooks available. If you find an ebook that you wish to download, click the title of the book, then look for a "download" link on the left side of the book information page.
4. At this point, EbscoHost will ask you to login with your Ebsco account. You may have received information about your Ebsco account in an email - enter that login information in the fields provided. If not, look for the "forgot your password?" link. You can enter your username (which is the same as your email username - everything before the @ symbol) and your password will be emailed to your Trine email account.
5. To read your ebook, you will need a free program called Adobe Digital Editions downloaded to your computer. You may be prompted to download this free software. Download the software and you should be able to begin reading right away.
If you have any further questions, email email@example.com for assistance.