How to accept cookies in Internet Explorer or Safari to use the Research Hub
You may see an error that says something like:
Licensing agreements for these databases require that access be extended only to authorized users. Once you have been validated by this system, a "cookie" is sent to your browser as an ongoing indication of your authorization to access these databases. It will only need to be set once during login.
If you are using a personal firewall, you may need to change its configuration to allow the required cookie to be set.
To login again, click here.
If you see this error follow these steps to resolve the problem (these instructions are for IE9 on a Windows 7 computer - for Safari on an iPad, see below):
1) Click on the small wheel icon in the upper-right corner of your browser window and select Internet Options:
2) On the Privacy tab, click the Sites button:
3) On the sites menu in the address of website field, enter palni.edu and then click "allow"
For Safari on an iPad
- Go to your Settings App.
- Select Safari.
- Under Privacy, select Accept Cookies.
- Choose "Always"
- Return to the page you were on and reload the page.
This should resolve the problem so that future links in the Research Hub work correctly. If you are still having problems, email firstname.lastname@example.org.