How do I log in to MyPortal?
Trine Technology teams continue to provide security and system protection for all of our Students, Faculty and Staff. The Trine University Password Management Portal is now enabled for all MyPortal users.
The “Password Management Portal” (PMP) will require two (2) challenge questions to be provided for initial setup and future changes to passwords. If or when you wish to change your password (i.e. forgot, security breach, etc.) the challenge questions will be your ONLY way of making changes. The “Change Password” link will be disabled. Please do not share your challenge questions/answers with other people. The Helpdesk will NEVER ask you for your Challenge Questions.
Procedure for New MyPortal Users
It is a simple five- step process and will take approximately 2-3 minutes:
1. Login to MyPortal
- First Time Students - UserID = first initial of first name, first initial of middle name, full last name and the YY digit for enrollment (i.e. Joe A Cool, registered in 2013 = jacool13)
- First Time Student password = TrineMMDDYYYY (birthdate, ensure date is 8 digits)
- You will be directed to the Password Management Portal (PMP) – Create Challenge Questions page
2. Select a Challenge Question from the first dropdown selection presented to you
3. Answer the question
4. Repeat the process – 2nd Challenge Question
5. Select the CONTINUE button
Note: See visual instructions attached.
It’s that simple – you are all set and protected. At any time if you wish to change your security questions, just access the Password Management Portal from the home screen of the MyPortal website.
Procedure for Existing MyPortal users:
Login to MyPortal. Your username and password are the same as your network ID (what you use to login to email, moodle, library resources and on-campus computers and wireless). If you attempt to login and you receive a message that your login is invalid, try the "Forgot Your Password" link on the main MyPortal home page.
If the "Forgot My Password" link does not provide password reset options, you must call the Helpdesk at 260-665-4275 or 877-236-7682 to reset your password. The next time you login, you will be prompted to set your challenge questions.