Q. Can I check out something from another university (Reciprocal/ALI Borrowing)?
The Academic Libraries of Indiana (ALI) Borrowing Program allows Trine students, faculty, and staff to borrow materials from other libraries in Indiana. If you are a commuter student, SPS or TVC student, or if you just want to check something out from another library during the holidays, you can borrow materials from the library closest to you.
How to register as an ALI Borrower:
- Complete an ALI application form.
- You will be given an "ALI" card, which you must show at the Indiana Library where you wish to borrow items.
- The ALI library may issue a library card to the Trine patron.
- Borrowed items are subject to the policies of the lending library.
- You are responsible for the timely return of materials. The Trine library can return items via InfoExpress courier service, but you are responsible for any fines incurred.
- Your library privileges at the Trine library may be suspended if you fail to return materials or abide by the rules of the lending ALI library.
You may return material borrowed from other Indiana universities to Trine University's main campus.