Q. How do I download an E-book from Trine Library to my device?
Any Trine student or employee can check out any of Trine Library's over 70,000 ebooks through either our Ebooks on EBSCO collection or our Ebrary collection. These instructions will be divided for each collection, as the steps are slightly different.
Our ebooks can be transferred to many ereaders and tablets using Adobe Digital Editions software. Click here to see the complete list of devices. Please note that the Amazon Kindle Fire has a different set of instructions.
Ebooks on EBSCO
1. First, go to the Ebooks on EBSCO collection for Trine University.
2. Click on the Sign In link in the top right corner of the page. Sign in if you have a My EBSCOhost account. If you do not have an account, create one - it is free and only takes a few moments. Store this login information somewhere secure for future use.
3. Now that you are signed in, search for an ebook you wish to download, then click the Download (offline) button underneath the book's description in the results list.
4. A screen will appear with download options. Select the number of days you will need the ebook. Then click Checkout and Download.
5. You will be prompted to open the ebook with Adobe Digital Editions. Click to confirm. If you do not have Adobe Digital Editions, you will be prompted to download it.
Note: Adobe Digital Editions is free ebook management software that many book publishers require to protect the digital rights of ebooks. You may have to sign up for an Adobe account to register the software. For more information, visit the Adobe Digital Editions website.
6. You will now be able to read the ebook offline on your computer with Adobe Digital Editions. To transfer the ebook to an e-reader, such as a Nook from Barnes and Noble, attach the USB cable for the device to your computer. Click on the Library View button in the top left of the Adobe Digital Editions reader. Your device will appear on the Bookshelves menu. Click the ebook you wish to transfer, and drag the ebook to your device.
Ebooks on Ebrary
1. Access the Trine Ebrary collection via the Trine library website.
2. Locate a book you wish to download, and click the Download button.
3. You will be prompted to login. Use the username and password you use to access library resourcess from off-campus.
4. Select the download options for Special format. The entire document. Click OK to download the ebook into Adobe Digital Editions. Now follow steps 5 and 6 from the Ebsco directions.
If you have any questions or problems during this process, please email a librarian at email@example.com or call us at 260-665-4162.